- Dress casually - long sleeves and pants will provide best protection from hot brass
- Driver's license
- Ballpoint pen
- Notebook or note paper
- Pistol, .32 caliber or larger (license not caliber specific; pistol rental also available)
- Minimum 50 rounds of factory ammunition
- Eye protection
- Ear/hearing protection
- Jacket in case of cold or inclement weather
- Water bottles, sunscreen, hat
- Practical shoes or boots (please, no sandals)
Ed, the owner and instructor at E & T Training, is not only an experienced pistol instructor with extensive firearms experience, he's also a licensed Texas attorney and combat vet. Ed's knowledge of the law, combined with his combat experience allows him to give you a unique and practical perspective on the subject of lethal force engagements.
- Safe handling and storage of firearms
- Basic shooting skills
- Laws on concealed carry
- Use of force in defense of persons and property
- Selection of a personal firearm
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Concealment tips and techniques
- Decision making under stress
The training is $95 per person. A four-year license is $140, and can be made payable to the State of Texas. The cost of individuals over 60 years of age is $70 per person, while the cost for honorably discharged vets, regardless of age, is $25 per person.
The class location is at the JE Ranch on the south edge of beautiful Palo Duro Canyon, about 45 miles Southeast of Amarillo. A map will be mailed or email upon receipt of your deposit.